double page load with mod_rewrite

New to mod_rewrite? This is a good place to start.

Postby richardk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Some searching found https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=236858. You may need to add
Code: Select all
header('Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8');

to your PHP files.
richardk

cant believe it

Postby pushpinderbagga » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:22 pm

works like a gem...

i tested it by putting it on the story page and then tested both story and category page...

the story page worked like YEAH BABY!

while the category page seemed to do the double load... so the solution is right...

I will replace on my other pages now... and will do some scrutinizing testing and then get back ... probably by tonight...

thanks a ton richardk !

I am finally going to complete .htaccess to my site with your great help and a little bit of self study...

if you remember... this below reference URL

I paid money to a coder named puneetbrar( Ref: viewtopic.php?t=36307) who with repeated assurances never did my work for .htaccess and instead flew away with my money before asking silly questions here... when finally I decided to take things seriously and study and understand mod_rewrite on my own ... thanks to you again...

i will put back a reply to this resolution after testing and also try that search thing you guided me to do and post a reply there also so that if anyone in future needs these... they get full dummies guide ... :D
pushpinderbagga

Previous

Return to Beginner's Corner