Rewrites for CMS no longer working. Ideas?

Discuss practical ways rearrange URLs using mod_rewrite.

Rewrites for CMS no longer working. Ideas?

Postby lemonman2 » Tue May 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Hello all.

I have a little 'shituation'.

I have a site that i created for a friend that is running on a CMS by the name of Expression Engine. Very good and flexible system.

Until now, I have had no problems with the 10+ sites I have running on the CMS under various server configurations(php 4.4.4, php 5.1 etc..).

The host of my friends site decided to upgrade to php 5.2. Since this has happened, my rewrites have gone defunct and i am no longer able to rewrite the 'index.php' file which drives the site.

I am able to rewrite the file named phpinfo.php to a folder named 'info' without any problems, so I know that mod rewrite is working.

Here's an example that is working on all my other sites.

RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^tour/(.*)?$ (/ - it tried with and without slash here)index.php/tour/$1/ [L]

This works so that any URL that is like www.site.com/tour/ is actually processed as www.site.com/index.php/tour/ ( which works fine when typed directly into a browser.)

Has there been a new method of rewriting for CMS or folders invoked with php 5.2 that I am not aware of?

Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks to everyone in the forums,
L

[/u][/i]
lemonman2

Postby richardk » Wed May 07, 2008 2:45 pm

This works so that any URL that is like www.site.com/tour/ is actually processed as www.site.com/index.php/tour/ ( which works fine when typed directly into a browser.)

Then the problem isn't mod_rewrite. You need to ask the Expression Engine authors/community.
richardk

Return to Friendly URLs with Mod_Rewrite