How can I do this

Oh, the strange things mod_rewrite does!

How can I do this

Postby aspardeshi » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:46 pm

Hello Room,

I am tired of attending mod_rewrite pages on google. I have read so many theories of mod_rewrite but could not follow a single one. My problem is very simple, and I coudn't apply all the mod_rewrite logic exactly to my scenario, as I am a newbie. This is the last forum I suppose. So all energetic SEO Experts please help me.

I am in the business of outsourcing. I have around 100 branded products for taking outsourced jobs. I have a list of the branded products keywords in a text file.

I have to design a page maybe in html or php whatever you may think fit with contents about outsourcing. let us assume this is the below paragraph in a php file:-

"We are doing outsourcing for the product xxxx since last many years. We have all the resources to manage the outsourcing of the product xxxx. So if you have to outsource the requirement for xxxx, kindly contact us with the details"

Now if you take my product list in a text file of 100 product list. I want xxxx in the above paragraph to be replaced by the product keyword typed in search engine.

Now let us take for example I have product "H*P La*se*rjet 10*20" suppose if anybody type in the search engine the above keyword and if that keyword is in my list then the xxxx in the above paragraph should get replaced with the keyword "H*P La*se*rjet 10*20" and presented to the search engine. The output will look similar to the one given below

"We are doing outsourcing for the product H*P La*se*rjet 10*20 since last many years. We have all the resources to manage the outsourcing of the product H*P La*se*rjet 10*20. So if you have to outsource the requirement for H*P La*se*rjet 10*20, kindly contact us with the details"

Please help me know how to do it ? Any help from SEO Experts is highly appreciated.

Kind Regards
aspardeshi

Postby richardk » Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:02 pm

Mod_rewrite is just about the URL, not about the page contents. If your need help with the URL, i may be able to help.
richardk

Return to Idiosyncrasies